36. AFTER THREE unsuccessful attempts, I’ve finally completed the Starbucks® Coffee Company’s Christmas Traditions Promo Card. I redeemed my 2010 planner at their Las Piñas store on New Year’s morn, just hours after I was treated at the hospital for firecracker-related injury – also a first.
35. I’ve been in the same job for the past 14 years and two months.
34. My beverage of choice be it at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or at Starbucks® is Hot Chai Tea Latte served over ice. Strong on the freshly steeped tea, easy on the steamed milk. Unfortunately, neither has perfected it, just the way the Sodexho Coffee Bar at Intel Corporation in Folsom makes it.
33. I’ve been meaning to prop up my Americana Wooden Birdhouse at the terrace. But I haven’t gotten around to actually doing it.
32. The first time I’ve ever seen a movie on 3D here at home was when I saw Toy Story 3. I thought the Dolby 3D glasses over my Emporio Armani prescription spectacles were putting too much strain on my eyes. I didn’t know the lump that was forming in my throat had managed to escape through my eyes.
31. The best motion picture I’ve seen in the past six months is Up In The Air.
30. During flights, I take photos of the airplane’s wings at 30,000 feet.
29. I’ve never seen an episode of Glee. But I never miss watching Royal Pains weekly – on its original time slot and on both its encore screenings on Saturdays.
28. While I prefer tempura batter to be light and fluffy, I don’t mind the heavy batter Healthy Shabu-Shabu uses on their mixed tempura. My favorite in their platter is the shiitake mushroom caps.
27. Gourmet’s Farm grows the sweetest, most fragrant basil leaves. I bought one packet, stuck it in the fridge, and forgot about it. Three days later, when on a whim I made my angel hair pomodoro, I got arrested by the unusually heady, invigorating scent that tearing Gourmet’s Farm’s basil leaves emanated. Basil had never smelled that good to me!
26. Mapúa Institute of Technology, where I studied in high school, was near Baker’s Fair where I used to get my favorite hopia monggo. Nineteen years later, I serendipitously discovered their ube ensaymada. Simply scrumptious!
25. I eat noodles using chopsticks from Shanghai that my friend Tenz gifted me with.
24. The big Zara S-A-L-E is going on. There is one item I didn’t get before – because it was still full-priced. Hahaha! I wonder if it’s still available.
23. One of my principles in life is: “Never pay full price!”
22. The only vegetable entrée I consistently ask for everywhere is Ampalaya Con Carne (bitter gourd with beef in a fermented soybean sauce). At Max’s, I’d rather have that than the all-you-can-eat fried chicken they are currently offering at a very reasonable – almost a steal – Php 165.00.
21. I prefer fried chicken to be doused by nothing more than a good Worcestershire sauce.
20. My tea of the moment is TAZO Mint Blend, courtesy of my Ninong Allan Paz. It’s a caffeine-free herbal infusion described as a bracing blend of mint with a pinch of tarragon. Doesn’t that sound lovely?!
19. I adore Cibo’s Farfalle Genovese. This dish of farfalle (bowtie pasta) in a wild mushroom cream sauce with fresh basil pesto is both heaven on a plate and a party in your mouth.
18. Still at Cibo… I always ask for extra slices of fennel bulb and fronds whenever I have a plate of their Spaghettini Alla Romana (spaghettini with sardines in oil, fennel, and red pepper pesto).
17. My favorite Chicken Tinola (chicken in a gingery broth with chili leaves) is not my own, but my friend Stave Michael’s.
16. My favorite commercially available cookies are Mama’s Kitchen’s Mango Chewies from Iloilo City.
15. Buon Giorno! at the Cliffhouse in Tagaytay makes amazing Bruschetta and Insalata Caprese (Caprese Salad – tomatoes, basil, buffalo mozzarella).
14. Of the many malls, The Podium gets decked in the best Christmas decorations.
13. Whenever it’s on the menu, I ask for fresh Chrysanthemum Juice. Here, I get it only at Banana Leaf and at North Park.
12. Long before Up and Toy Story 3 wrung my lachrymal glands dry, Finding Nemo had done so seven years earlier.
11. I waited for the results of the voting in the 121st IOC Session, and I was quite saddened when Chicago lost in their bid to host the Games of the XXXI Olympiad (the 2016 Summer Olympics).
10. The Highlander Steakhouse at Tagaytay Highlands makes an excellent Salad of Hearts of Romaine and Smoked Salmon.
9. I’ve had the best Chicken Curry dishes at over 30,000 feet up in the sky, on board Air India and Jet Airways flights. The New Bombay Authentic Indian Cuisine at The Columns on Ayala Avenue and at The Podium is a nice place to go to here at home. Besides the curry, I super love their Saffron Basmati Rice.
8. I have three notebooks in current (simultaneous) usage status – the Superman notebook I made, the Cardinal Notes from Mikko, and the Daily Notes by kikki.K from Friendship. They’re for my essays, work, and all other notes of personal importance, respectively.
7. More than ever, I have become really grateful for friends far and wide. Not a single day passes by without me having conversations with Friendship, Batman, and Superman – no matter how busy each of us may be.
6. I’ve developed a deeper appreciation of Anderson Cooper, anchor of CNN’s AC 360O, after reading his memoir Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival.
5. I woke up with Maroon 5’s Sunday Morning playing incessantly in my head. Sang it a number of times in the shower. So it turned out to be a looong shower.
4. For three years in a row, Batman has always been the first one to greet me on my birthday. And there has always been a gift. I sure hope he does keep that tradition this year. Hahaha!
3. I’m craving for the U.S. Beef Ribcap Tapa & Garlic Overload at Mr. Jones in Greenbelt 5. TheCorporateTeener highly recommends it. “Tapa” in this context loosely translates to strips of beef that had been cured.
2. I believe in this: “There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won’t anymore…and who always will. So, don’t worry about people from your past. There’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.”
1. My favorite shoes are still the Samba by Adidas. They’re the best!
Copyright © 2010 by eNTeNG c”,)™©’s MunchTime™©. All rights reserved.